For agents making outbound phone calls using the softphone, Targeting Local CRM allows you to pre-record messages that you can click to leave during outbound call attempts where a voicemail box is reached.
Configuring Outbound Voicemail
Outbound voicemail recordings are configured on each individual agent’s profile.
1) Navigate to Settings → Users.
2) Search for the user you want to create an outbound voicemail recording for and click Edit next to their name in the list.
3) Click or scroll down to the Outbound Voicemail section.
4) Click +Add Outbound Voicemail.
5) In the Name field, enter a name for the new message. This will help the agent quickly identify the message they need when selecting from a list of options.
6) By default, No source is selected in the source drop-down. Selecting a tracking source from the list will automatically associate this outbound voicemail with calls that are made using tracking numbers assigned to that source.
- If tracking number 555-555-5555 is your Google AdWords number and you make an outbound call using 555-555-5555, the outbound voicemail assigned to Google AdWords will be used.
7) In the message field, type the message you want to play and choose the text-to-speech voice you prefer. You can also click the microphone or cloud buttons to create or upload your own recording. For more information on managing recordings, click here.
8) Click Save Changes.
Allowing Users to Create and Edit Outbound Voicemail
By default, only account administrators can create and edit outbound voicemails on behalf of other agents in the system. If you prefer to allow users to manage their own outbound voicemails, enable the “Allow agents to edit” option in your account settings.
1) Navigate to Settings → Account Settings.
2) Click or scroll down to the Behaviors section.
3) Click the toggle for “Allow agents to edit profile information associated to their user such as outbound voicemail.”
4) Click Update Features.
Using Outbound Voicemail
The outbound voicemails you have associated with your user profile are available during active outbound calls.
It’s considered best practice to wait until you actually hear a beep before clicking to leave your pre-recorded outbound voicemail. We recommend making some test calls to get comfortable with the timing.
1) During an active outbound call, click Transfer in the softphone window.
2) From the menu that appears, select the Voicemail option.
3) A new menu will appear with a list of all outbound voicemails that are available to you. Select the voicemail you want to use to play it.